Majestic Metals, Inc. received an award for continued involvement and commitment to the environment.
Majestic Metals, Inc., was the first company in 1999 to be accepted into the Environmental Leadership Program. Majestic Metals is a small business specializing in the fabrication of precision sheet metal for the computer manufacturing and medical electronic device industry. In addition to being a member of the state’s Environmental Leadership Program, Majestic Metals was awarded the Waste Wise Award by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 1998 for the reduction, reuse and recycling of material. In 2007, the company received its seventh Gold Award from the Denver Metro Wastewater Reclamation District for meeting quarterly pretreatment flow discharge requirements, for proper disposal of hazardous waste and for its commitment to environmental excellence.
- Total elimination of solvent-borne paints and powder coatings with a cost savings of $18,000 due to the elimination of solvent purchases
- A 100-percent recycle rate of scrap metal, paper, and cardboard
- A reduction in chromate usage by 62 pounds per year
- A 59 percent reduction of conventional diesel fuel by switching to bio-diesel
- Total elimination of ozone-depleting chemicals from its facility
- Replaced 78 bulbs last year to reduce the amount of mercury by 2,886 mg which was the only mercury in the building
- Installed LED energy efficient exit signs
- Reduced Carbon Dioxide emissions in 2006 by 12 percent of the previous years rate
- Majestic Metals goal is to reduce total energy usage for 2009 by 3 percent of the previous years total.
- Replaced paint oven that was over 25 years old with new more energy efficient ones
- A goal of using reusable packaging that gets shipped back and forth to ship parts reducing the amount of packaging material waste by 22 percent.
- Reduce the amount of VOC’s emitted by purchasing 3 new powder coat booths with 48 inch polyester filters they also have trays for powder coat recovery.